Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Text

For my text manipulations I used one quote. "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not any simpler" by Albert Einstein for all my manipulations. I used both the male and female tracks, mostly layered on top of one another.
This was a little tricky to do as base work because I had to take both audio files into audacity and edit them, using changes in tempo and splicing to have the two tracks lineup close. Of course they are still a little off, which works well with what I had planned and did carry out with the files.
My main inspiration was the quote itself, to deal with the barrier between what is the correct amount of complexity for a song. In several of the songs, I purposefully pushed the complexity beyond an acceptable level in some way, only to pull back and normalize in the end.

No comments: