Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Here comes....DIGITALIS

I am very very curious as to how our concert will go next month. It seems like there are so many moving parts that I have no idea how it will work. To place the concert on a binary of how it might not work, I am afraid that each person will either have too much influence or too little.

By this I mean, I think each classmate and visitor with a computer may have too much power, with each of us working seperately and creating nothing but chaos. The other extreme is that this chaos will be funneled accordingly through several people, so that the size of Digitalis - all 180 or so strong - won't be represented and the music we produce will not be significantly different from what 70 or maybe even 20 more skilled musicians could produce.

Of course, this is a good deal of pessimism and I know this has happened in the past, so I am sure that the concert itself will fall somewhere in the middle, outside of this binary in some form of success.

No comments: